Saturday, September 7, 2013

So Many Cakes, So Little Time!

The last two weeks have been BONKERS! Between finally celebrating my mother's 60th birthday to my brother's girlfriends birthday & school starting up, life has been so busy & crazy. I'm almost completely healed from surgery & starting to feel like my old self again & that's a huge relief. The last two weeks I've made cakes for 2 of my favorite clients & both have been Toy Story! Ashley Rutland is a fabulous photographer & I was lucky enough to have some photos take recently. Her son Layten turned 2 & they call him Layten bug & on his first birthday, they had a little big next to his cake, so I was asked to add a little big to this years cake. I absolutely love Ashley & her little one's & hope to be part of her family for more years to come! Cristie is another one of my favorite clients & her daughters birthday was the other Toy Story cake. I received a sweet note from Cristie saying the following, "Heather, I've been meaning to send you a Thank you note all week! Alyssa just LOVED her Jessie cake! It was as tasty as it was beautiful! We had NO CAKE leftover! lol! Thank you so much!! The cake was the focal point of the dessert table. You do an amazing job! God bless you....I never sent you a picture of the boys' cake from the party. I continue to pray blessings among you & your business. I've been sharing your name with all that ask about the kids cakes. Have a great weekend." I love hearing that people love their cakes! I hope to be part of Cristie's family for many more years as well. Kimberly got married this weekend & I should be receiving more photos from her soon. I didn't get good pictures of her grooms cake or her cake. I also was unable to get picture of all 125 cupcakes. My brother's girlfriends' cake was something that I had looked forward to making for a while! My brother & Alyssa had been High School sweethearts & 15 years later, found each other on Facebook & now are back together & have been together a little over a year. I'm so happy that they found each other again & so happy that they bring out the best in each other. Alyssa & I both share a love for Dia De Los Muertos & Steampunk, so it was only right that I make her a cake that reflected both. I was so happy that she loved her cake. I am booked until the middle of this month & I'm booking into October and I'd love to create some smiles for you & your family & friends. Please give me a call so we can create some sweet memories together!

No comments:

Post a Comment