Monday, August 19, 2013

For the Love of Cake!

Sometimes you have that special client that you love to work with. They're fun, easy going & really like what you come up with. For me, that would be Sara Price. I have several other, but this time, I'm talking about Sara! Not only is her family absolutely so sweet, but Sara herself writes a blog & she's wrote about me twice. Well not me personally, but my cakes & I adore her for that! This past weekend was her husband, Corry's 40th birthday & they went camping. Her mother came to pick up the cake & drove to Oklahoma with it. I think I was more on pins & needles then they were about the cake getting there, but it arrived in great condition & it was an all chocolate buttercream cake with chocolate fudge in the middle. The cake itself was chocolate fudge too. I had SO MUCH FUN making Corry's donut themed cake, it was probably one of my favorite cakes this weekend. Here is the link to Sara's blog! http://priceiswrite.blogspot.com/2013/08/corrys-birthday-weekend-celebration.html I also made a Circus Cake for an Icing Smiles Child again! Nothing gives me more happiness than to work with Icing Smiles. I so love working with Karen Cavallin, who is the Texas Rep for Icing Smiles. She so sweet &I just can't say enough kind words about the woman! She honestly goes above & beyond for Icing Smiles & for the bakers who bake for Icing Smiles. Icing Smiles is a nonprofit organization that provides custom celebration cakes and other treats to families impacted by the critical illness of a child. Nicholas is turning one years old on Tuesday & his mother Christina contacted Icing Smiles. I talked to her a few weeks before the party & we came up with a cute cake design for Nicholas. Nicholas was diagnosed the #1 birth defect, a Congenital Heart Defect: Transposition of the Great Arteries (TGA) and Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD). TGA is when the two major arteries that carry blood away from the heart are switched (transposed). VSD is a hole in the wall that separates the right and left ventricles of the heart. When I met Nicholas & Christina, they were both amazingly sweet! You could just stare at his blue eyes for days & his big sister is so adorable too. Here is Nicholas' Caring Bridge website, so that you can stay updated with his progress! http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nicholashoran I also made a baptism cake for my childhood friend Tommy & his wife Caryn's daughter, Mia. If you've read any of my past posts, you that Tommy & my brother were classmates since elementary & I've been making cakes for Caryn & Tommy for several years. When Caryn became pregnant with Mia, I was able to create some gender reveal cupcakes for the couple to give to their family & I had a blast making those. They are also 2 people that let me pretty much have free reign over the design of their cakes. I really liked the way Mia's cake came out with the dainty ruffles on the bottom tier. April ordered a Mickey Mouse cake from me this week & I have to say, I don't think there's anything more that makes me smile that Mickey & Minnie Mouse! I'm so glad I was able to meet April & that her son has his 1st cake being Mickey mouse! Last week, I Created a SpongeBob Square Pants cake for Vicky & it came out really colorful! Her son, who's nickname is Turkey, was adorable when I met him! I'm so happy they enjoyed the cake. Cynthia has also ordered from me in the past. I made her son Alex & Super hero cake & he is now entering Pre-K at Grapevine Faith. I created her a Welcome to School cake including the schools logo of a lion, rulers, crayons & had the top tier look like a chalk board. All in all, these have been a great couple of weeks to make cakes & I'm finally feeling like myself again after the crazy surgery!!! I'm booked for the rest of August, but I am taking orders for the rest of the year, so please give me a call. Have a Sweet Day ~XOXO~

No comments:

Post a Comment